Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Fall Fun


Good news!  Fall is finally here!  That is evident by the fact that I wore shorts and a t-shirt to the grocery store the other day...wait, what?  Well anyhow.  Even if the temperatures are similar to late Spring, I'm claiming Fall.  It's my favorite.  The leaves are starting to change to my favorite colors and hopefully soon it will be jacket-wearing weather.  "They" say we're supposed to have a cold winter.  We'll see.  I can only pray for snow like we had 2 years ago.

So Pinterest.  Yeah, you know what I'm talking about.  That site that cons you into planning nurseries for your unborn children that aren't even a speck in your future.  Yep.  That site where anyone and everyone can post links to their "favorite" weight loss plans.  Oh, and my favorite recently is... that site where over-achieving crafty ladies post links to their blogs about un-achievable crafts for normal people.  I've fallin for quite a few finds on Pinterest.  Some are quite helpful, like the link I found on how to decorate your mantle.  I was really struggling with that one, I even would lose sleep at night about my mantle... not.  But now it's beautiful thanks to Pinterest.  Yep.  I didn't know there was such a void in my life.  For decorating and crafts.  My most recent failed craft was trying to make a wreath out of dried corn husks.  I can't even describe to you how disappointing that was.


This is my most recent successful Pinterest craft.  I actually love the way it turned out and it was super easy.  And it only took 3 and a half hours!  Oy.  This was due to the yarn.  That darn yarn!  You see, the entire wreath is wrapped in "we'll call the color gold".  Yeah, don't do that again.  Just sayin'.  One might be able to make a wreath completely of handmade felt flowers in less time.

C'est la vie!  Happy Fall, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment