Saturday, October 13, 2012

Different levels of confusion... ombré!


Is the Ombré Hair Trend Over?
According to those on Pinterest, it's not.  According to Cosmo it is.  I've gotta say that I'm leaning towards the wisdom of Cosmo on this one.  If you click on the link above, they claim that February 2011 was the most recent appearance of ombré hair in the 4 celebrity examples.

I've gotta be honest, I didn't even know this was a "thing" until I signed up on Pinterest.  Then I started seeing salons posting pictures and I was downright confused.  It's funny how celebrities can start such odd trends and then they slowly move their way through the different parts of the country.  What happened to being embarrassed of having dark roots?  So confused.

Then you've got the nails... I'll be honest.  In a marked moment of laziness I now have ombré nails.
I got a fantastic mani/pedi last weekend for a party.  The beautiful red chipped on a couple of my nails, I don't have that shade of purdy red, and didn't have the time to remove it all so I covered the evidence with a lighter shade.  It's kind of a fun fix, but I'm removing it as soon as I have the energy. I feel like that's enough "ombré" to last me quite a while.

I'm also dying my hair as soon as I wake up tomorrow morning.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment