Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Take Me Out to The Ball Field!

And buy me some ice cream, a hot dog, some nachos, and a funnel cake while you're at it.  Yeah, that's what she said.  And that's what she did.















That's right.  Rebecca and Mike came up from the Big D this past weekend and we took them to the brand new ball field in town.  The Drillers were playing the Cardinals... both farm teams to Major League Baseball teams.  















































But this is my FAVORITE part!  This was the view from our 2nd row above the guest team dugout.  Love it!  My next favorite part was the food.  BBQ?  Got it.  Mexican food?  Got that, too.  Ice cream parlor?  HECK YES.  Did I have a sunday?  Sure.  Did I have a rootbeer float?  Why yes.  Keep walking keep walking keep walking....

















There was a race between 2 QT taquitos and 1 QT Hot Dog!  It was like a dream come true really.  Really.  And the best part...















The hot dog was winning!  LOL  (hot dogs are my favorite.  really.)  But then something HILARIOUS happened...
















My favorite food lost its' pants.  Look very closely.  It was one of the funniest things the entire crowd had seen in a while.  I mean, how often do you see a hot dog mascot's pants fall off as it's racing against two tequitos?  Never.  That's how often.  

So the game was fun, the Drillers lost, but we won.  Because it was Fireworks Friday!!
























So when the Drillers played at the old stadium we used to hear the fireworks from our house, but we'd never seen the fireworks.  I have to say, they were pretty impressive!  As was our entire experience at ONEOK Field.  I'll tell you about the perfect activity after a game later.


Ciao.  

1 comment:

  1. I was there! I saw the hotdog's pants fall down, too. It was HILARIOUS!!

    ReplyDelete